A General Consultation is the first step in your planning process. It serves as an opportunity for your congregational leadership to share its:
- ministry hopes and dreams
- understanding of God’s calling in your congregation’s history
- initial ideas behind your congregation’s building and facility.
It is a time for identifying:
- the financial capacity of your congregation
- a basic time frame for completing your project
- the next steps your congregation should take to prepare your facility to help you reach your ministry goals.
Who Should Attend
- Representative leaders of your congregation, including those with responsibility for property, finances, and ministry
- A Disciples Church Extension Fund advisor
Schedule the Consultation
Schedule your consultation as early in the project planning process as possible. We can be most helpful when scheduled:
- As soon as your congregation’s official board believes that a building program is necessary
- Prior to the creation of the necessary organization.
To schedule a General Consultation, your congregation’s board should take formal action inviting Disciples Church Extension Fund to send an advisor for a consultation. One of your congregational officers should review and complete the Request for General Consultation Information Sheet, and submit the form to Disciples Church Extension Fund.
A Disciples Church Extension Fund advisor will contact your congregation to schedule the consultation. Visits normally happen within 90 days after you submit your request.
Contact email@example.com to find out how your space can serve your congregation’s ministries.
Or call 800.274.1883
En español: 866.534.1949